Wednesday, May 12, 2010

No. 4 - Black and White and Red All Over

The past few weeks have admittedly been a debacle between finishing up with school, looking for a job, wondering where I'm going to be living, and this rather enormous costuming project involving the Antichrist (pictures will probably find their way on here as an aside project...if the costumes end up actually happening). So there has been absolutely NO time for fun sewing side projects...which means that the couple of pieces of that fun red silk dress (The Ruby Rag Doll) have been sitting sadly in the corner of my room, halfway out of the closet and being delicately squashed by a mountain of books on Medieval lore.
However, I was in Jo-Ann today gathering supplies for the Antichrist when a certain bolt of knit fabric was brought to my attention. Not only was it on X-TREME SALE! but it was also black and white striped...which I love a little too much. So I bought the rest of it (because cheap yet nice black and white striped fabric is not something to be passed up) and it's currently sitting in a bag by my dresser.
And now I've come up with what I want to do with it...



Honestly, I can't wait. Perhaps this will be a good incentive for finishing up everything quickly. Of course, I have yet to find red fabric for the second half there...that's probably a good thing, though, since it keeps me from getting started.

No comments:

Post a Comment