Wednesday, April 7, 2010

No. 2 - Ruby Rag Doll: Brocade'd

(From here on in, due to availability of materials, the Ruby Rag Doll will be No. 2 and the Passion Fruit Pixie will be No. 3.)

Why, hello delectable red Chinese brocade that happens to be sitting in a lump in a bag in the corner of my closet-unit.

You know, I'm starting to love red and gold. I mean...I don't think I've ever been really against red and gold, but I've never really sought it out or appreciated its elegance.

And the black flowers really tie it together. I have some red and gold dragon fabric floating around the attic at home (leftover from a Halloween costume endeavor) and, while I really enjoy that fabric, there's just something about the added black detailing that lends a certain amount of elegance. I feel like it almost emboldens the red and gold. And after initially purchasing this fabric last semester, afterwards I started questioning myself and wondering if I should have gone for the straight up red and black flowered brocade instead. Now, however, I'm really glad for the presence of the gold.
And, as it would turn out, I have a whole spool of this very nice gold ribbon that was initially intended for the Gaga Prom Dress but got turned down at the last minute in favor of the thinner gold ribbon...so I wonder if I can incorporate it in there somehow...

And I think I've got the decorative stitching thing figured out, thanks to Johnny and his wonderful repertoire of magical stitches. Oh how I wish I had the time to work on this project...

1 comment:

  1. You could incorporate some bad ass ruffling with that gold ribbon. I can't wait for you to have some time to work on it so I can see where you go with it!

    ReplyDelete